FREE Social Security Disability
Assistance & Guidance

Not endorsed or affiliated with social security administration

If the records provided to Social Security by the claimant’s own medical sources are not adequate to determine if he or she is disabled, additional medical information may be needed by ordering a consultative examination (CE). The goal of this exam is for a third party doctor (not known to you and not an employee of Social Security) to render an objective opinion in regards to your medical condition. Testing is meant to determine your residual functional capacity, that is, what you can do in spite of your disabling condition. You have the right to request that your own treating physician perform the examination. Talk to your physician regarding the examination and make sure they are willing to complete the examination and any report that would be required. There is a nominal fee paid to the physician for completing the exam and the report. Contact your DDS case analyst to let them know that your doctor is willing and they will send your doctor the paperwork to complete.

No comments.